Thursday, December 15

Christmas chandelier

Remember the wineglass chandelier that we got in April?


It recently became the target of my Christmas decorating frenzy. I had something in mind, but before I could put my idea to work, all the wineglasses had to come off. Yes, all 36 of them. 


While the glasses received their first wash in months, I strung up a few new ornaments: a set of four very shiny silver ones from Ikea, as well as some fresh picks from De Bijenkorf. All of the ornaments I chose were either silver, gold, transparent or some kind of combination of the three. All the better to let through, or reflect, the light from the central bulb.



Marlon and I couldn't resist taking a few pictures while working. Shiny things are just too much fun to play with.



After throwing in a few of our pre-loved ornaments to fill in the gaps, and draping some faux greens over the top, our chandelier revamp was complete.

Voila! Presenting our Christmas chandelier.


Just looking at it all lit up in the evening gives me the warm-and-fuzzies.


It's just as pretty in the daytime.


I'll be sad to take it down after the holidays. But for now, I'll enjoy it as much as I can. 

3 comments: