Friday, January 19

Huwhapakkkkkk

this can only be cosmic retribution for every time i crowed over a 33.3-peso purchase at an ukay-ukay or a 200-peso pair of sandals at landmark.

this morning, i found out what a wedding gown costs. and now, at 7:10 p.m., my heart has resumed close-to-normal functions, finally sending up some much-needed blood to my brain, and i am actually capable of having thoughts on the matter.

i can't believe that i will be spending more on approximately 12-hour use of a couple of meters of cloth than on a 24-hour rental of a 2-hectare farm and garden.

i can't believe i've dreamt of wearing this garment my whole life and now i''m mentally running for the first burlap sack i can find, and dying it white. (with maybe some touches of gold.)

i can't believe marlon and i are going to spend so much on me. can't the four bridesmaids, two mothers, three secondary sponsors, two flower girls, three ring/coin/bible bearers, best man, maid of honor and marlon wear it too? can't we all just share and be happy?

i can't believe that wedding dresses in singapore cost at least 24 times more.(kamusta naman at wala talaga akong tiwala sa mga sastre nila doon.) this information was volunteered just a couple of minutes ago by marlon, to explain his unnatural calm when i told him the figures.

magtanan na lang kaya kami.

or maybe i've been shopping at too many ukay-ukays for far too long.

2 comments:

  1. Deepa! I'll never forgive you kung magtanan ka na lang. We have to be there for all the ceremonial ek! And remember, sabi ni Tina Astorga that marriage is a SOCIAL sacrament! Sacramental sekswality!!!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so where will you guys get married?

    hey i had a simple yet nice gown for my wedding (oh yah, archie and my wedding :p it's always just the bride's).

    he's not a famous designer, but he had good ideas and designs. My artistic friend helped though. She had her dad hand paint the trail, the front waist and my bag some cherry blossoms to match the autumn motif of the wedding.

    but the gown was nice :) cheap too (at least for us who were just starting with our jobs).

    let me know if you need help!
    leave a message on my blog or YM (i think i have you on my YM).

    ReplyDelete