Sunday, January 8

10 things that are more fun in the Philippines

Inspired by the recently launched Department of Tourism campaign, I looked through two years worth of photos (without the help of Google, all of them are mine) to come up with my own list of things that are more fun in the Philippines. I've put up only 10 here but the possibilities are endless.

Can I just say, this was so much fun to do? Can the Negative Nellies out there please give it a try? It's better for your heart and your wrinkles, I promise. Although may find it difficult if you are devoid of humor—a rather rare and life-threatening condition for a Filipino.










But wait, there's more!








Oh, and here's the one I included in my previous post. This makes it 11, but at least I have the complete set in one post. 


Twilight, Salad, Getting Buzzed: taken at the Bohol Bee Farm, Bohol. 
Morning Coffee, Exfoliating, Seeing Red: taken on Alona Beach, Panglao, Bohol. 
Of course, the tarsier (Treehugging) was also shot in Bohol.
Sunblock: White Beach, Boracay Island, Aklan. 
Breaking Dawn: Bantayan, Cebu. 
Finding Nemo: snorkeling at the Virgin Island Marine Sanctuary in Bantayan, Cebu. 
Christmas: Filinvest Marikina.

The images are yours to use and circulate. Please remember to credit me or my blog when doing so. Go forth and spread the love—and have fun! #ItsMoreFunInThePhilippines

20 comments:

  1. Hi Deepa, thought these were awesome, so of course I reposted! I have a book blog, so picked those specifically!

    Here ya go:
    Twilight is more fun in the Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks, Aloi! I love books too, and your blog is so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have beautiful pictures. Congratulations on this set!

    Coincidentally, I actually had my own version of "Breaking Dawn"! What you think?

    http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/402447_10150505475355798_754915797_8677913_90104927_n.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deepa. Your post is great. Clever and creative. Isn't it amazing to start incorporating BYW tips into the blog! I spent much time in the Philippines many moons ago when I was involved in manufacturing. Thanks for taking me down memory lane. Your country is beautiful. What do you think was key to the traffic increase?
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deepa! Brilliant! I'll repost this in my blog and link here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures Deepa! One of my friends is part of the BBDO team that worked on this campaign, I shared this with him, ganda e!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi deepa! thanks for posting these photos you also take amazing shots! keep it up! taking pictures is definitely more fun in the philippines! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi :-) I am Katrina's friend from BBDO and I am part of the creative team behind this campaign. She told me about your blog and posted it on my wall. I would like to say thank you for your support. Your enthusiasm - along with the inherent fun-loving nature of Pinoys saan man sa mundo - is the lifeblood of this campaign. This is your campaign. Mabuhay kayong lahat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fred: Thank you! I actually saw yours a few minutes after I posted mine. This time of day is so beautiful in the Philippines, everyone has their own gorgeous dawn photo :)
    Alison: Thanks for stopping by, and for spending time in the PH! I think the main reason for the traffic was that idea behind the campaign sparked so much interest online. People were actively searching for things that were "more fun in the Philippines" immediately after the launch on Friday. My post, two days after the launch, was timely and caught that wave of interest.
    Thank you Cris, Katrina and Sandra!
    Dear friend from BBDO: Congratulations on a job well done! I hope someone at your office does a roundup of all the great memes for your team to view and enjoy together. Best of luck with the rest of the campaign, can't wait to see what else is in store!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures! Pwede talagang tourism campaign ads! :) - Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful, DOT should see this..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deepa, you have surpassed yourself!!! I love this post! Your photos are simply stunning, too.

    I'm so glad that your blog is going from strength to strength - you work so hard at making your corner of the blogosphere beautiful and fun.

    P.S. I've added your gorgeous country to my ever-expanding travel wishlist. Mission accomplished, wouldn't you say? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful collection of photos and what a gorgeous place! This article is fantastic. I want to visit Philippines now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much, Chi and Barbara! Your comments are so encouraging :) Yes, it's a successful post if I've made you want to visit the Philippines. If you decide to go for it and need help planning a trip, just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos! I don't normally comment on sites, but I really think it's well deserved. Keep it up! Love the tarsier :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Philippines! hehe, wonderful photos... love the tarsier too, our very own "yoda" in Bohol:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! what's the font style for "Its More fun in the Philippines?" Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there, it's Harabara. You can download it for free here: http://www.dafont.com/harabara.font

    ReplyDelete