Thursday, January 7

Bohol-bound!

I am having a wonderful day!

The final PPM for next week's shoot went off without a hitch. I got home early from the meeting because my boss didn't want to drive back to the office from faraway Loyang. I got home in time to catch up on some feminine upkeep (handwashing clothes with Woolite and epilating!). And I'm making plans for my upcoming vacation, which just fills me with so much excitement!

Marlon and I had decided on Cebu for Chinese New Year because a) I've never been there, b) it's a direct flight from Singapore and c) last year's hullaballoo over Marketman's lechon had driven Marlon to the very edge of desire!

Then we started thinking of hitting the beach. A few DOPs (that's Director of Photography, a.k.a. camera man) I've worked with had shot in Bantayan and Malapascua, and were all raving about it. (To my great delight -- yes, me, Miss Philippines Tourism-Singapore.) Malapascua seemed great, but the four-hour bus trip was an issue for me.

It was my sister who came up with the brilliant suggestion of Bohol.



Only an hour's ferry ride away from the Cebu seaport (I sound like a tourist brochure already!), it also had a lot of other fun stuff to do like the Loboc river cruise, see the Chocolate Hills in 3D (and not on cheap textbook newsprint!) and meet Benjamin Linus' little bug-eyed cousins, the tarsiers.





Generally I found the accommodations on Panglao (the ones listed online anyway) a lot more expensive than those on Malapascua. And I was momentarily tempted by the rustic cuteness of the Bohol Bee Farm, except I wasn't too wild about the swimming area, a small, rocky pocket of beach they had to themselves. But after some sleuthing I found the lovely La Pernela Beachfront Resort on the opposite side of the island from Alona Beach, a nice place with great reviews at a reasonable price. Plus when I called the owner, she sounded like Maggie's mom haha. So soon as I make the deposit on the rooms, we'll be all set!

I love planning vacations. This is going to be a fabulous way to celebrate after my Disney shoot in KL!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk to Mims, she was there recently. I think she got some good deal ideas from Irene's sister?

    There's a place in Bohol that's supposed to have some really awesome snorkeling. I think it's Balikasag (or something that sounds like that.. lol). Pj/pam was raving about it a few months back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. some friends and i did the bohol-cebu route last november.

    of, course we did the usual tourist trap things in bohol (the churches are lurve though) - all on a no-itenerary basis.

    nakakalurkey!!!

    p.s. you might want to do the all-terrain vehicle thingie in bohol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pi, we got a pretty good deal on our accommodations at La Pernela. They were offering a Valentine package with massage, Bohol tour, transfers etc. thrown in.

    I read about Balicasag! Will definitely do that. Cathy says we can go dolphin watching also.

    Drei, Bohol seems like so much fun and the old churches look so nice. So much to do, so little time! I wish we could stay longer but looks like we'll definitely be coming back.

    ReplyDelete