Wednesday, December 29

Stumped

i have extra cash on my hands and i don't know what to do with it. okay, the bobo answer is save it, of course ("jesus saves, so should you"), which i'm already doing. the nice thing about this extra cash is that it begets extra cash, even after a considerable amount of savings.

so i could actually get myself things that i want. i had this whole list of things that i wanted, except now i can't remember most of it. so here i am trying to remember.


the first two things that come to mind are positively geeky and are a shameful, despicable reminder of how deeply i have become entrenched in my job.


an infrared adapter? so that i can transfer pics from my phone to my desktop. no, i don't want one of those usb transfer cable thingies. sony ericsson probably sells a proprietary one that will cost me an arm and a leg. i don't have an extra arm and leg; all i have is extra cash.


a securedigital (SD) card for my upcoming new digital camera? although i got a really good deal, it doesn't come with a SD card so i'll have to get myself one. oh no--i can see this spawning the need for a card reader. ugh. desktops. maybe i should just scrimp for a year and get myself a laptop with both an IR port and a card slot... nahhhhh.

a swatch? ahh. now this is more me. getting a watch is more of a protective gesture for my new baby (my lovely sony ericsson k700i. maybe i should name it). tor's story about getting held up on her doorstep in freshman year really scared me. a passerby asked her for the time; since she didn't have a watch, she took out her phone to check. tinutukan siya. goodbye phone.

since i always take out my phone to check the time, i could do with a watch. i've always liked swatch, and the last time i owned one was in grade school. it was a pop swatch with polka dots--how eighties. the skin series has some pretty cool models. there's also a swatch bunnysutra that's really cute.

investment pants? mango is on its end-of-season sale.

moisturizer? the office air always dries out my skin and i end each day feeling like a scrap of sandpaper.

another pair of funky glasses? those pink ones in UP sarabia.

shoes? STOP. i should not get another pair of shoes. i should just pay mr. quickie a visit.

eena's monthly shopping list amazes me. the thought that she'll probably get every single thing on it is so... so... kakainggiiiiit. the girl has money coming out of her ears. i was telling marlon about it last night and he was like, "give up singing. mag-stewardess ka na lang."

a jazz cd? miles davis' bitches brew, charles mingus, or one of those compilations from tower records. i used to have a list of all the CDs i wanted to buy, but the titles escape me now.

a planner? a book? maybe not a book. i'm not lusting after anything in particular.

sigh. i'm stumped.


1 comment: