Thursday, December 15

The Machete factor

i used to like super white tisoy pretty boys (and caucasians) with very feminine features. my psychoanalysis of this was that since i grew up in an all-female household, i found distinctlymasculine guys too scary to be attractive.

those days are over.

the jun-junification of my taste in men started with marlon. (
"jun-jun" etymology care of j.) my boyfriend, with his wonderful mocha skin, truly threw the days of the skinny white boy out the window.

that said, meet the newest, cutest jun-jun on the block.



m a r k y c i e l o hails from mt. province, which makes him, yes, proud to be an ig0r0t. (his mom is from butuan or dagupan, i forget which.) he reminds me of rufio from hook (played by dante basco, a pinoy) and can easily be pictured playing crown prince chulalungkorn in the king and i.

he dances well, which is an advantage in local showbiz, although being a provincial contestant, his tagalog is not all that good. but there's time.i watched the auditions of the talent search he's a finalist of, and what immediately caught my eye was his willingness to look like a complete and utter idiot. that was a welcome break from the typical pa-guapo mode of the other male contestants.

when we shot him, though, what really caught my eye was his (fledgling) six-pack. haha! that, and a certain machete (as in gardo versoza) factor. the guys in the office call him mumbaki.

and yes, bata pa siya. i am now officially a chester.

return primetime tv to the jun-juns! vote for my favorite jun-jun and catapult him to stardom!


jun-jun for one, jun-jun for all!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my god Deepa!!! I'm so proud *cry cry* Perfect use of jun-jun!!!!

    And I like this particular jun jun breed ha! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. ayos collection mo dito ah! :)

    off topic:
    Whom do I ask for permission if I post screencaps and pictures taken from the igma.tv sites/ microsites? Am I right to say that GMA7 allows reposting of images from their sites to other sites? Don't we get a badge or something showing we are allowed to do so? I remember igma.tv encouraging fans (and perhaps, critics?) to post images to their own blogs but it seems that permission is no longer printed on the online pages.

    Or don't they anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hello again, since you moderate your comments, I'll just leave my email here, but please don't publish it. Just in case you want to contact me.

    Thank you.

    splash.express@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi there!
    can you post more picture of marky?..
    i just..really like him..
    hehe..;)

    ReplyDelete