Saturday, February 18

Recovery

either i'm getting old or my job is really stressful, but lately i've actually found myself getting excited about spending saturdays like today and last. which is holed up in my bedroom, splayed out in bed doing absolutely nothing. or at least doing things that involve objects within arm's reach (laptop, phone, magazine, book).

today was exactly like that -- i can count on one hand the number of times i let myself out of my room. in comparison, last saturday seems quite active: i rolled up my sleeves and reorganized my bookshelf.

the second -- and i hope to high heavens, last -- phase of what was supposed to be a month-long consultancy gig is looking impatiently at me and tapping its foot, but i'm ignoring it for now.


--

speaking of getting older, i sat in on a photo shoot for
my favorite account yesterday and got to making small talk with some of the kids (including, yes, my favorite jun-jun). anyway, i was sitting next to the boobsy youngest girl -- all of fifteen years old -- and the pilya tisay girl when boobsy started asking me about my camera (eyes already on the prize money, eh?).

boobsy: ate, magkano po yung bili n'yo diyan?
me: di ko alam eh, regalo lang kasi.
boobsy: wow, talaga? regalo?
me: yup.
boobsy: sino'ng nagbigay? boyfriend n'yo po?
me: yup.
boobsy: wow ate, may boyfriend na kayo?
tisay: (elbows boobsy) gaga, ano ka ba? siyempre may boyfriend na 'yan, matanda na siya no.
me: hoy ang kapal ng mukha mo. bata pa ako. (sirain ko kaya career mo. haha.)
tisay: may 25 ka na ba 'te?
me: wala pa. 24 pa lang.
tisay: (to boobsy) sabi sa 'yo eh, matanda na.

naknangteteng. malaos ka sana agad.

buti na lang i saw my jun-jun shirtless and in his boxers. (and doing handstands. go figure.) otherwise i would have spent the rest of the afternoon muttering like a grumpy old lady.

2 comments:

  1. aba, lintek na hitad yan! baka masampal ko sya ng di oras!

    deeps, friends tayo di ba? engeng pic ni shirtless jun-jun, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deepa,
    This is lori from dessertcomesfirst. I'm trying to email you but your GMA inbox keeps bouncing the mail back to me. Please send me an alternate email add.

    ReplyDelete