Thursday, January 26

Tangerine in my travels

Tangerine Tango won't let me go just yet, it seems. While looking through my archives for photos of my tangerine accessories (featured in my previous post), I found a few striking images from my travels that feature Pantone's Color of the Year for 2012

Syringe painting by Fernando Zobel at the Singapore Art Museum

Another work by a Filipino artist (I forget who) at the Singapore Art Museum

At the Keukenhof Gardens in Lisse, Holland



 "Dikke Dames" (Fat Ladies) porcelain figures at a gallery in the Jordaan

 Praia da Rocha in the Algarve, Portugal

 In the Old Town of Lagos, Portugal

"Red and White" by Edvard Much, at the Munch Museum in Oslo

I needed a bit of a boost today, and looking at these gave images (these colors!) gave me just the pick-me-up I needed to get through the gray. So I'm sharing these bits of zing and zest, and hope they brighten your day too. 

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous, Deepa! May I ask what camera you use?

    It was pretty grey here in the UK today, too and yes - you've certainly brightened my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chi! I use a Canon 550D. For the first two shots I used my old point-and-shoot, a Panasonic Lumix (great for zoom and macro). The Munch painting is an iPhone 4 shot. I (stupidly) did not bring my camera into the museum because I thought photography would be forbidden... but it wasn't!

    ReplyDelete