Sunday, May 6

End of the road

Buon giorno from Marina di Carrara, Italy! We are in the apartment of Marlon's aunt Lorna and her Italian anarchist husband, Gino. (Yes. It's been interesting.) While Marlon watches Tita Lorna make siopao, pizza and focaccia alla stracchino (all from the same dough!), I'm catching up on a bit of blogging and downloading pictures from my camera.

It's the last day of our Big Trip. I can't believe we've been traveling for 17 days and now the journey has come to an end. With our stomachs full of good food and hard disk full of gorgeous photos, we're just about ready to go home. It may be the end of the road, but what a ride it has been.


Our itinerary expanded along with our waistlines. We made a few unplanned stops in Italy, like the tiny fortress-village of Monteriggioni...


and Monterosso al Mare in the famous Cinque Terre.



I can't be more thankful for these little surprises, and glad that we left ourselves enough free time to just go out and discover these places. Most of all I am thankful for a partner who is a wonderful companion both at home and on the road, and values travel as much as I do. 

There's lots to write about, so I'll get into turbo blogging mode when I return home. But till then, I will enjoy my last few hours in bella Italia. Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment