Saturday, September 18

I miss my boyfriend.

note to reader: i haven't seen marlon for over two months now, so you're required to put up with the mush.

Thank You (Dido)

My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all
The morning rain clouds up my window and I can't see at all
And even if I could it'd all be grey, but your picture on my wall
It reminds me that it's not so bad, it's not so bad

I drank too much last night, got bills to pay, my head just feels in pain
I missed the bus and there'll be hell today, I'm late for work again
And even if I'm there, they'll all imply that I might not last the day
And then you call me and it's not so bad, it's not so bad and

I want to thank you for giving me the best day of my life
Oh just to be with you is having the best day of my life

Push the door, I'm home at last and I'm soaking through and through
Then you handed me a towel and all I see is you
And even if my house falls down now, I wouldn't have a clue
Because you're near me and

I want to thank you for giving me the best day of my life
Oh just to be with you is having the best day of my life.

i have this song on one of my WMP playlists. every time i hear it i think of marlon and how much i look forward to hearing his voice on the phone. every time i hear it, i think of how much this is me--down to the late to work bit and the morning rain (with the exception of the drinking and nearly getting fired, of course). and every time i hear it, think of how crappy a regular day in my ordinary drab workaday world is (thanks joseph pieper for that brilliant phrase) and i think of how big a difference marlon makes in it.

just hearing this song is enough to make me cry at my desk, in full view of ederick the nutty gay programmer and the girls from production. i've managed to stave the tears off twice, but it gets harder every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment