Wednesday, August 31

Devil in the details

Before I leave Versailles behind, I thought I'd quickly share (in a very PKF-style post) a few details that I really liked.


Though these obviously aren't the original wall coverings, the pattern freak in me loved them all the same. But while I loved the look of these, I wouldn't necessarily want them in my house!


Paintings with black backgrounds, like this one, remind me of the works of the Dutch masters in the Rijksmuseum.


I kept reverting to details whenever I would get overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of excess. Or simply when I didn't want to see any more crowds.


Gold and marble everywhere!


For the child-woman in you: sweet prints in Marie Antoinette's bedroom.


The look of libog from a horned satyr in the gardens.


After the rain, blue skies. And puddles, of course.


One last look...


And it's bye bye, Versailles. Till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment