Wednesday, December 14

Watercolor Christmas cards

Success! I've mailed out my Christmas cards for the year. Yes, I'm one of those people that still sends out Christmas cards via snail mail. It's usually a struggle to get them out on time, but this year I managed my to do it!

I knew I wanted to make my own cards this year. And I knew I wanted to combine watercolors with hand lettering. So I set out my watercolors, tore out a few pages from my watercolor sketch pad, and played around with them one rainy afternoon. These were some of the cards I came up with. Apologies for the bad lighting, Amsterdam has been immersed in this weak gray gloom all week. 


Yes, the designs are pretty simple and it's a very small batch of cards (plus a couple that I didn't photograph). But each one is unique and is made with love and care. Which one do you like best?

Oh, and I also made the envelopes myself, as all the cards are odd sizes. I used this festive Japanese washi tape with polka dots (my current obsession) to seal the envelopes.


And now my cards are winging their way to Belgium, the UK and Singapore. Fly swift, my pretties, and spread the Christmas cheer!

5 comments:

  1. I like the "merry" card best, Deeps :) I love Christmas ornaments (for a time, when I was younger, I actually called them Christmas armaments), ang happy nilang tingnan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! ipro-project ko yan next year :)
    merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO creative! They all look pretty! - Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Melita! Ika nga ni John Lennon, war is over!

    Thanks Zee and Katherine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Deepa - you're so talented! The first one (Joy) is my favourite.

    I recently bought a wooden template for making my own envelopes but haven't got round to using it yet.

    ReplyDelete