Friday, May 20

Scheduled maintenance, part two

no, my boyfriend isn't coming home again to spoil me. he flew back to lah-lah land last monday, leaving me to face an empty weekend alone. this after three weekends packed with activities designed to max out quality time.

so part two of scheduled maintenance is an entire weekend of "me time", which is one of the things that really keeps me going. being the demi-type A personality that i am, i actually get depressed when i'm not doing anything. so i think of filling up free time with things i enjoy.

provided the heat doesn't debilitate me (as it has all summer long), i am actually getting excited about:

organizing my post-college files -- mostly old resumes, job-related documents, and lots of collage materials that have piled up from recent trips.

writing -- i have two or three topics that i want to blog about, plus the puerto galera travelogue that i promised j. actually, kung ganahan talaga ako, j could find himself with a sheaf of contributions on monday. (oy pero j, wag umasa! hahaha)

singing -- practicing my solo pieces and proving to my voice teacher/friend na hindi ako chaka! my lack of practice last week was mortifying. i don't want to feel that way again!

weeding out my closet for the nth time -- my closet needs breathing room. my plain, bright-colored t-shirt compulsion drove me to pick up a few new ones (white, emerald green, saffron--yes, only girls describe colors this way) at paseo center, which wins the award for my favorite tiangge because of its proximity. i also picked up some cute tops at my new ukay discovery, makati cinema square.

reading -- chatting with my favorite book nerds maggie and gutsy the other night inspired me to hit the books again. my sister, queen of the fluffy paperback, lent me her copy of bergdorf blondes by plum sykes--a perfect destressing, brainless read. the first few pages have been surprisingly entertaining.

watching dvds -- i have a whole caboodle of dvds waiting to be viewed. i keep borrowing stuff from officemates but never work up enough gana to watch them. sitting in front of the tv is not my favorite weekend activity. on the list: house of flying daggers, the final cut, collateral, finding neverland, kung fu hustle and battle royale. i lent my newest find, the machinist, to rose this weekend.

planning out my 2nd year anniversary gift for marlon -- it has been conceptualized over dozens of trips to the ladies' room, just needs to be fleshed out. maybe i can shop for materials this weekend. (trivia: i've only given marlon a store-bought gift twice in over two years, including no-occasion gifts and cards. kinakarir ko ang pagiging girlfriend.)

going over my artwork -- rose and i scheduled a show-and-tell day for our stuff next week. i've been eyeing the InK site lately and asking myself "why not"? crossing fingers for cooler weather this weekend -- that would provide the perfect working environment for a new collage. or maybe something in acrylics. :-)

hmmm. this is starting to look like a lot for two measly days. i must be more type A than i thought.

maybe i'll just scrap everything and go to sleep.

;-)

4 comments:

  1. I better start doing that too.

    Hmm..how about listing 100 things you want to do then going over each and accomplishing at least one each week? Would that help kill time?

    Thank you for your advice, Deepa. What you said really meant a lot to me. Good luck with killing time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi jayred! so far i've been really lazy this weekend -- just reading and writing. the heat is terrible. but there's still tomorrow!

    i'm in a choir that specializes sacred music (classical as opposed to praise/worship). apart from the choir, though, i'm a fledgling classical music student :-)

    jayme: nako, with school coming up you'd better start ODing on the things you like to do for fun. the legion of bumbays in aim mean serious business. :-)

    about the advice, no biggie. anytime you need an extra ear/shoulder/whatever. was immediately concerned since the parallels to my first relationship are significant. i don't think i handled it as well as you are now, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Deepa. Grabe, astig ng mga advice mo. =P

    Well, I'm trying to be strong and stay strong for my own good. Baka pagdating ng July e lalamunin ako agad ng mga pating na mga bumbay. Mahirap na.

    Yeah, I'm going to start listing that down today. :)

    Thanks ulit. Please continue to pray for us. Thank you for your support.

    ReplyDelete