Tuesday, June 7

Frilly

Home update: we changed our dining chairs!


It was the new wineglass chandelier that prompted a change in our dining chair strategy. We moved the metal bistro chairs outside to the balcony and ordered a pair of Patricia Urquiola's Frilly chairs from the Kartell store on Westerstraat. They arrived a few weeks ago (yes, I have a lot of blogging to catch up with!), when Mom was here.


I love how they go with the chandelier and make our space look cleaner and lighter. There's already a lot going on with our heavy bookcase and dining table, so we opted to go for something that wouldn't add any more visual weight.


Marlon says the "frilly" texture of the chairs remind him of falling water. I think they look like fabric. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I super love the new chairs... I've to agree with marlon though! I am totally doing more glass decors because I've so much wooden furni that are so heavy and suck out the space in the room!

    ReplyDelete