Wednesday, June 1

New look

Lately, I've been feeling the need to post bigger pictures on this blog. So to be able to adjust the width of my blog, I had to migrate to a Blogger template. And so here it is.

It was hard to find a background image I liked that worked well with the template and didn't show too many "seams." To get a full background image, you need a 1800x1300 image... that's smaller than 300KB. That's hard! I wish the Blogger folks had thought about that. Even a 500KB image limit would help. I suppose this is already an improvement over how difficult it used to be to customize Blogger templates.

Anyway, I ended up using this lightbulb installation from SF MoMA. It doesn't have any real significance to me (unless the lightbulbs represent all my brilliant ideas, har har har); I just wanted something that looked almost like a pattern or texture, but clean and a little bit more grown-up.

Thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. Bigger photos = Tumblr. Chos!

    But seriously, I find Blogspot templates to be very limiting -- that's why I haven't been able to change mine for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get it. I'm so amazed with some blogger blogs that look awesome because I actually started blogging using blogspot, then typad, then iWeb and tumbler until I finally decided that the easiest to manipulate (look, layout is SUPER important to me) is wordpress. I think you did an awesome job with you're new blog... though I'm still thrown off by the completely different change in the look from your old one hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason, di ko pa rin talaga masakyan ang Tumblr. Just call me an old fogey, LOL.

    DW, I tried migrating everything to Wordpress once. I can't remember why I didn't stick with it. I seemed to recall that it only really seemed best if you had your own domain, which I didn't want to do. I don't know why that was my impression of it. But I'm ok (not wild, just ok) with the new Blogger.

    And yes, I took this photo at the San Francisco MoMA last year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deeps, maybe because you can't monetize unless it's self hosted? That's the only difference which is big if you want to monetize. It took me a week to migrate from wordpress.com to self-hosting and it is not without stress so I can sympathize hehe

    ReplyDelete