Monday, July 18

Twiddling my thumbs

... and still waiting for instructions to begin my new raket.

i might just fix up my room today. i went to rockwell yesterday determined to treat myself to a new pair of shoes because the whole mall was on sale. and.... i didn't! no matter how hard i looked for a nice pair, i simply didn't feel like getting anything. not even clothes. it must have been the one month in singapore. being surrounded by a nation teeming with retail-obsessed citizens seems to have zapped my shopping urges. baka inabsorb ng mga singaporeans.

instead, i decided to do something useful for my room. at a store called make room, i bought myself a white canvas trunk for all the junk that's piled beside my bookcase. i also got a matching white canvas tray for my art materials or other things that i go through frequently. and i got a gold frame at true value, which i plan to fit with wire mesh to hang all my earrings on.

i toyed with the idea of getting a shoe rack (all my shoes are currently stored in matching turquoise shoeboxes, which take up quite a bit of space) but figured i'd better go slow with the purchasing. and i should probably look somewhere cheaper for such a generic item.

i'm quite happy with the trunk though. later i'll be hauling stuff into it to get rid of my junk piles. and i'll be bringing up a worktable from downstairs to create a nice little space for lulu and her playmate from hp. plus i plan to decorate the plain brown file box where i keep my music pieces. i've postponed that project for about two years now.

things to buy later on: a shoe rack, white foamboard (to mount my travel pics on), 3m double sided tape, wire mesh, and a white canvas hamper for all my bags. major production na ito!

p.s. marlon is coming home for work on friday. he's staying one week. happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment