Tuesday, July 19

On the move

spent a good five to six hours yesterday working my butt off, plowing through my junkpiles AND NOW THEY'RE GONE! wahoo! my room has never been neater! i filled a small carton and three large plastic bags with all the stuff i cleared out of my room. chucking things out is so liberating. now the only remaining eyesore is my pile of bags, for which my mom already has a plan of attack.

in the wake of my decorating spree, allow me present today's mini project: a display frame for my dangling earrings (left). the magic ingredients: a piece of deep pink paper to match my wall (care of my huge paper collection), discounted gold frame from true value and wire mesh from the neighborhood hardware store. it took all of five minutes to cobble together. this makes it easier to choose a pair of earrings when dressing up, rather than having to perpetually peck through the antique blue glass cup i used to store them in.

--

the behemoth is finally on the move. went over this morning to their hq to take an exam (entirely in filipino, no less!) for a creative position. ang masasabi ko lang, leche sila! ang tagal tagal nilang gumalaw! if my raket does push through this month, i might not even need or want to work for them anymore!

the prospect of having loads of free time (plus saving on getting-around expenses) is so appealing. i may start pushing my voiceover skills more too, since
my sister's best friend, the voice talent career diva extraordinare (yes, she really deserves such a title), will be leaving the country for good this september, thereby leaving a giant void of vo jobs for the picking. mooahahahaha.

--

and finally, meron pa palang nagpapakilala out of the blue? jusme! i thought grown men outgrew that sort of behavior in high school. while walking to the behemoth's hq from the mrt, a man walking behind me asked me if i was from mandaluyong. fresh from a country where nobody really needs to be on their guard 24/7, neneng-me said yes. then he nodded to the behemoth. "diyan ka nagwo-work?" he inquired. neneng-me answered in the negative. then he sprung the classic line.

"pwede bang makipagkilala? ako nga pala si **** -- and you are?"

ano BUZZ???? this was lamer than a quadriplegic. his attire of plaid polo shirt and baseball cap with slacks should have tipped me off that he was a giant repressed loser who had never grown up. i turned away and waved him off as i do those people who stand at the corner of makati ave and buendia every morning, handing out leaflets that say things like "financial problems? earn up to p100,000 monthly!" or "lose weight without diet or exercise!"

i was rather creeped out by this (understandably so), so i walked briskly to the exit of the station and took a cab to take me around the block before entering the behemoth gate, just in case he worked there. i'm thankful he didn't get bastos or try to follow me or anything.

haaay manila. thanks for reminding me how a true manilena should comport herself when she's on the move. i'll be more wary next time.

2 comments:

  1. nyahah speaking of nagpapakilala out of the blue.. i had that almost similar experience just last night while waiting for Arch!

    imagine.. that was 1130 in the evening and i was still inside my office bldg! creeped me out!

    i'm discovering just how artistic you are.. nice earrings rack/frame. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. creative frame work deepa.. oh and i like the earrings too. hehehe..

    yuck, someone actually said that to u? uso pa pala sa manila yan...

    here in japan, whenever some stranger approaches me, i would just pretend i dont see him at all. hehehe! i know it's a bit rude but their approach isnt quite polite either. so patas lang.

    hey btw, thanks for linking me up deepa. :)

    ReplyDelete