Wednesday, July 20

A Labyrinth moment


"You have no power over me!"

--Sarah to Jareth the Goblin King, in Labyrinth


visited the old alma mater this evening and went down to the home department. had a brief chit-chat with the resident lust object revered institution of learning, which was pretty much my purpose for walking all the way there.

as i basked in the glow of his democratic charm (democratic because he seems to parcel it out without prejudice, as does jaza with his benevolent smile), i had the irrestistible urge to shout out this immortal line from my favorite movie.

well, it wasn't that irresistible an urge, i guess, because i managed not to do it. whew.

cheap thrill: when he was musing about the last time he saw me, i told him it was well over a year ago, when i was thinking of working for him. he was the one who reminded me of a much more recent encounter. okay fine, that's a really cheap thing to get kilig over, but still.

aaugh. you have no power over me!

No comments:

Post a Comment