Sunday, October 30

Therapy

after the ordeal (see above), not getting home in time to celebrate my birthday with my family (my birthday cake is still sitting in an unopened box in the fridge), and frenetically popping (or should it be pooping?) out plug after plug after plug (because the goddamned things need to air daily over the double long weekend), i finally got to decompress.

and yes, marlon is home. for my birthday, he gave me a lovely "pamper deepa" box, the contents of which speak volumes about how well he knows me. the box pushes my three biggest feel-good buttons: sleep, books and chocolate. he said he chose the box because it reminded him of us: round and smiley.


between anansi boys, gregory maguire's mirror, mirror (a fab gift from my sister), and four new dvds (wong kar wai's 2046, agnieszka holland's the healer, lars von trier's dogville and wong kar wai/steven soderbergh/michelangelo antonioni's eros), i'm all set to nurse my fried brain back to health.

and not a moment too soon.

1 comment:

  1. sigh.. i wish marlon could teach some of that pampering trick :p

    hey love dogville! :) very original!

    ReplyDelete