Monday, October 3

Time and punishment

i'm dying to go shopping. i can't wait for my rakets to pay me so i can splurge on a little something. i made a teeny-weeny purchase today and while i do like what i got,i can't help but feeling a little punished for it.

walking to greenbelt 3 from the ayala mrt station takes at least an hour for an avid bargain-hunter and window shopper such as myself. on your way into ayala center, there's sm to sidetrack you. and on your way out of it, there's landmark (my cheap shopping mecca).

on this particular stroll, i decided to replace my landmark-bought, long-suffering, now-"smiling" pair of favorite gold thongs (sandals not underwear) with a dirt-cheap pair (php 149) from sm's ever reliable parisian brand.

my cheap shopping mecca seemed to sense this betrayal. as i meandered into landmark's ladies' footwear department, my favorite thong maker confronted me with a delicious array of metallic sandals that i could have bought instead if i had not already fallen into its archrival's clutches. i already have one of these in hot pink, so i know they're super sturdy and super comfy. damn. the bronze pair in particular would have perfectly matched the bag marlon bought for me (with much trepidation, i might add) in guangzhou.

waa. i'm sorry, landmark. never again.

haay. and i just told myself that i wouldn't buy any more footwear after this. i intend to slave away on my rakets and wait until i get paid for one of them until i can allow myself to celebrate. and i've restricted my "celebration" to a purchase that i need, but preferably are fun to buy -- like pants (parang ang tagal-tagal ko nang naghahanap ng pants na maganda), a good makeup remover or decent makeup.

the slight kalbaryo feeling is compounded by the fact that i can't celebrate my impending employment just yet. i still have to get through a drug test (as if! i'm such a boring person!), a thorough medical checkup, bureaucracy and the longest list of pre-employment requirements EVER.

waiting, waiting, waiting. ang saya saya.

3 comments:

  1. haha! i know wut u mean with the landmark and sm thingie. oh and being side-tracked by all of those shops in glorietta. how come i never bump into you when i go there? (when im there in manila).. nyways, 'luck with the job deepa. :)

    -nette

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah! i just did a little shopping myself. but in Greenhills after what? a year or so since i've been there. nothing much has changed. shops relocated somewhere but still the same..their sizes are ugh!... for the teeny-tiny ones. I feel so lucky if i get to fit into nice comfy and cheap pants especially after giving birth.

    :p

    hey thanks for the CD btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sigh.

    i miss landmark :0(

    oh... and you're welcome :0) I'm glad I was able to help out.

    ReplyDelete