Tuesday, October 11

Con te partiro

that’s “time to say goodbye”*… to my short-lived but refreshing stint as a full-time freelancer. my day job begins next week.

the behemoth is finally, finally up and about and ready to take me for a ride. and the fact that there’s a long weekend coming up after my birthday is now a source of pleasure rather than a meaningless factoid.

the past four months have been a blast, although i tend to look back at the whole of august and wonder how i managed to just sit on my fat ass for an entire damn month. even if the writing-for-a-living bit just picked up towards the end, i have to say this was quite a prolific time for me.

aside from churning out the requisite 12 articles a week for my sydney client, i wrote a couple of serious pieces for candy (which got me such gushy feedback from my editor that i started to think she was being sarcastic), did some editing for the factory and pr for the manila chamber singers, and am about to start writing for metro appetite, a food magazine (great, just what i need!).

then there’s my newfound photoshop skills, my collage for kooky (when is she launching the book anyway?), the odd singing raket here and there, a major room and closet cleanup, and more importantly, i made some good headway in my voice lessons, spent more time with my acs friends than i have in a while, and savored lots of quality time with marlon (spending a total of six weeks in singapore!).

not bad for four months of “lazy” time.

good thing this day job is actually something that i’ve been trying to pin down for a long time, or i would actually feel quite sad at the prospect of giving up the time and freedom to be this productive (or not). even though i know this road will lead to some pretty tough decisions sooner or later… well, i’m just going to go on and plunge ahead.

wish me luck.

*never did understand why there are people who actually want this played at their wedding. reminds me of that ditzy society bride who wanted the glee club to sing "i don't wanna miss a thing" or "leaving on a jet plane" at her wedding because her favorite movie was armageddon. go figure.

4 comments:

  1. hey deeps. congrats on the new job! can't wait for more sparkling anecdotes this time from your new monstrous (behemoth, sabi mo eh) employers :) btw who's your voice prof?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! The job fits you. Too bad I'm not in RP so that I can buy a copy of that food mag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jeline: hehe! feeling ko nga exciting yung new workplace ko. just found out i'll actually be in a position of *gulp* responsibility. antabayanan! i'm taking lessons with doc leslie. montet's student, teacher ni chris/andrei/joel a. (and soon to be gideon's too) and voice coach ng glee club.

    jayred: i wouldn't mind sending you a copy actually if mail wasn't so damn expensive... haha

    meanne: halloo! kamusta na? i'll visit your blog and link you up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the new job deepa! :>

    ReplyDelete