Thursday, March 3

Wish list

The living room is next on the DIY hitlist (Marlon and I are painting it this weekend), but before we leave the bedroom, there are a few bedroom bits left to share.


This was the main inspiration for the current look of the bedroom. No mood boards or anything, just this image. I can't remember if it was from the now-defunct Domino magazine or from Design*Sponge. We kept the window moldings white as well; looking at this picture now makes me think of buying faux molding for the ceiling (to cover up our masking tape messes).

The bedroom still needs a few more touches, so I also made a mood board after we painted it. Well, it's really more of a wishlist. I don't have Photoshop, so I apologize for the jologs Powerpoint.


Hindi uso ang fluorescent ceiling lights dito. (How do I know? The Dutch love leaving their curtains open, exposing their homes for all to see.) It's all about beautiful fixtures and soft lighting, coupled with multiple, smaller task lights. I would love to change our boring ceiling light to the Icarus lamp by Tord Boontje for Artecnica, which you see here "hanging" from the ceiling.

Marlon and I both fell in love with it, but he worries that Rogue is going to attack it from the bed. He's probably right *sigh* My Rogue-safe alternatives are the House of Mayflower's Sky floor lamp for that industrial look, plus Nicolette Brunklaus' modern take on the chandelier (first and second from left on my mood board).

Marlon, in a rare show of consumeristic desire, really loves the Block Lamp by Harri Koskonen, on the side table in this mood board.


He rarely goes gaga over little house things like these so I figured we should get it. This is why we kept the bedside tables simple and modern. It seems a little small though (madaling matabunan ng kalat) so I need to see it up close before I decide.

Hmm, I think I am officially obsessed with photo print. Because I am madly in lust with this owl pillow from Mikkili. It is the Puss in Boots of pillows!

Big Eyes + Feathers = Love

I think it would go perfectly with the cobalt blue and white color scheme without being too matchy-matchy. And, it makes me think of Ladyhawke. Yes I know Michelle Pfeiffer turned into a hawk, not an owl, but I can't help it. Okay, maybe Legend of the Guardians would be a more appropriate reference. The only thing is it's 60x60 cm, which is rather... huge for a throw pillow. Marlon's suggestion: "Just put it behind the pillows we use for sleeping." E di anong point ng owl?! Pfffft. Men.

We leave the kingdom of lust and enter into practical everyday territory, because the bedroom also needs a chest of drawers for Marlon's stuff. My mood board just shows the Ikea chest that matches our closet, but Marlon gets the skeevies at the thought of any more Ikea in our bedroom. So we'll probably go for a second-hand equivalent.

And the metal side table you already met in a previous post.

So in about six months, given our current budget for furnishings, the bedroom should look like this. In the meantime, the Eye of Sauron shall turn to the living room. Halflings, beware.

1 comment:

  1. I have the Harry Koskonen Block Lamp. It's really a work of art (MoMA NY has it in their archives). There are two sizes, the bigger one being approprate side lamp. It's heavy and has a soft golden glow.

    ReplyDelete