Wednesday, March 2

Zinc inc.

Okay tama na ang lafang, haha. Back to our regular programming.

After searching in vain for a narrow console table for the kitchen that was long and high enough to fit over the radiator, I gave up and decided to go for tall, open metal shelving instead. This was the peg.


Luckily, with enough online sleuthing, I managed to find a reasonably priced equivalent at Gewoon Chic. It's made of zinc instead of steel and is just €110.


In real life a.k.a. my kitchen... hmm I need to work on my styling skills, haha. But pretty styling aside, it works great as storage for the breakfast appliances (oven toaster, electric kettle and coffee maker), which used to clog up the kitchen counter. That way we now have more counter space for prepping meals. 


The shelf also fits perfectly in the space between the radiator and Rogue's little corner with her feeding bowl and her litter box. Yes, she sh*ts where she eats, no wonder she's trying to kill me. 

My other purchase from Gewoon Chic was a pair of side tables for the bedroom, also made of zinc. Marlon and I agreed on something silvery to go with our blue-white-metallic palette, and without closed storage so we don't end up accumulating useless junk in drawers or behind doors. We are also considering some very... interesting bedside lamps, so the table has to be very simple. This fits the brief for €69.


It's does the job and keeps the bedroom from tipping over into frou-frou territory. I like the zinc because it's not too precious, i.e. I don't have to worry about water stains. I go through at least 3L of water a day and always have a bottle of water and a glass beside the bed.


Now that I practically live in the bedroom, it's such a relief to have a place for my assorted junk, which would otherwise end up piled on the bed or floor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment