Thursday, August 25

Cleaning out my closet

after much procrastination, i finally sat down to attack/plow through/clean out my closet.

and inside, i found...


a meme
! of my own making! tee hee.


--


three random facts about my closet

  1. after i weeded it out, i had to return a lot – as in a lot – of clothes to my mom. i mean, i like the way my mom dresses, but i realize i shouldn't be dressing like i’m 56
  2. my tops are organized by color, my dresses by style and length – for now
  3. it contains a grand total of ONE pair of shorts

three items i’ve never worn but still haven’t tossed

  1. blue halter with flowers from urban and co. (acquired in college, when i used to take my pay from summit in gc’s from speedo, urban and co., and benetton)
  2. ultra-short gray miniskirt from onyx in milan. i bought this after seeing all the italian girls wearing tiny skirts over their jeans, but never had the courage to wear it when i got home. i think i can now, as the micromini is back with a vengeance.
  3. beige lace top with a high collar from cubao ukay. i found it very charlotte (sex and the city), but whenever i try it on i feel like a frilly suman.

and a fourth –

  1. vintage black wool sweater with sequins. old thing of my mom’s that i found and whittled down from its oversizedness. still waiting for a glam party in cold weather.

three things i will never, ever get rid of no matter how ugly they get

  1. linea italia linen jeans autographed by all the members of wolfgang. (yes, i was the kind of bourgeois preteen who would go to a wolfgang concert in italian linen pants.) it holds wonderful memories of basti putting his hand on my leg just below the thigh as he wrote his signature *swoon*
  2. each and every t-shirt i got for free on tour, from hosts and competitions. my favorite is the blue one with duckies from liederkranz netphen
  3. super kawawa blue boxers from all boxed up. it was the first (or maybe the second) item of clothing i ever bought for myself, when megamall first opened

three things that i have a surprising number of

  1. shirtdresses
  2. halter dresses
  3. scarves. it’s really disturbing – it’s like i’ve been subconsciously preparing to spend the rest of my life as a gypsy, roaming europe on a donkey

three dominant colors in my wardrobe

  1. blue
  2. green
  3. pink (in that order)

three colors that are totally absent from my wardrobe

  1. forest/olive/army green
  2. mustard yellow
  3. gray

three items that people wouldn’t expect to find in my closet

  1. a baseball cap (free from the factory)
  2. another baseball cap (free from the glee club’s 2004 US tour)
  3. a mighty ducks hockey jersey. i was obsessed with D2 in high school and begged my mom to buy me the official jersey of the anaheim ducks.

three items that never fail to put me in a good mood when i wear them

  1. turquoise corduroy jacket from mango
  2. khaki shirtdress from sympa in paris. this is particularly good for fat days and as an instant interview outfit
  3. gold and black printed skirt from bangkok (the one jayme likes)

three items that made me go, “oh lord what was I thinking?”

1. blue baby tee from landmark. it says “come and get it” in spray-painted capital letters. ugh.
2. ugly pink strapless bra from triumph. it makes me look like i have saucers strapped to my chest, and it never stays put
3. one-piece bathing suit with matching wrap skirt from woman. it is in this godawful print (see right). i can't believe i ever wore it in public. what a waste of the days when i was still skinny.


three people i’m tagging

1. you...
2. you...
3. all of you!

come on folks... you know your closet needs cleaning ;-)

--

my blog is a year old! happy birthday blog!

6 comments:

  1. How do make your blog so pretty?
    I would love some tips -
    sidonieseida57.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my.. THAT Was a swimsuit? where'd you even get it? :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. sidonie: have a supermegamultitalented friend who designs blog templates. (and try frantically to catch up to her by toying around with photoshop.)

    hazel: yeah, i know. the shame, the shame! i wouldn't wish it on anyone, even as curtains. when i unearthed it, i don't know what was worse -- seeing the print or seeing how tiny it was (ergo how tiny i used to be). i have half a mind of burning it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha...i didn't think that last item was a swimsuit either! :D

    have a great weekend deepa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ei deepa, check out this site: http://www.play-analogia.com/cgi-bin/index/u/

    u might like it. ;)

    -nette

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe!
    akala ko bedsheet mo yung nasa pic :0P
    i like this meme :0) will do it on my blog.

    oh, and my friend fr MCS is Joy David. I'm not sure though if she's joining MCS nowadays coz it's MED boards time.

    ReplyDelete