Monday, August 29

Women like this exist????

"I've just started borrowing my husband's iPod, but he had to give me a lesson in how to switch it on and find a track, and I've got two pages of instructions that I take with me whenever I use it," says Lucy Dobbs, editorial director of a publishing company. "I would never attempt to download a song, because I know I'd make a mess of it - I'd probably end up closing down the National Grid."

"My mobile phone is a bone of contention between me and my husband," says Sarah Marshall, a marketing manager. "Until recently, I had the same phone that I have had since I first got one in 1997... Since my husband put my sim card in one of his old phones, he has given me three or four lessons in how to send text messages, but I still haven't got the hang of it. I think the reason I can't work it out is that I think it's pointless. If I want to tell someone something, I just call them."

"I bought an iriver [an MP3 player with lots of additional features] in January, and I have spent the last seven months trying to make it work," Jourdan, a writer in her thirties explains. "The instruction book was an inch thick and really hard to follow. So I gave up. Even a group effort with all my girlfriends failed. My brain just isn't wired up to deal with the annoying, irritating, sequential precision of technology. Plus, I only came to computers in my twenties and technology moves so fast that I have been playing 'catch up' ever since."



are these women for real?

is this article for real? my tuseran-fuddled brain reached the boiling point at the article's closing sentence: "As the saying goes, boys play with toys, and girls play with boys."

ANO KAMO????

prior to my last job, i considered myself a complete techie ditz, but i could at least figure out how to use my cell phone, turn on an mp3 player, and chuck the instruction manual within two minutes of getting my hands on it. my boyfriend's last three occasion gifts to me have been gadgets -- a cameraphone, a discman, and a laptop.

goodness. am i supposed to feel like a rocket scientist now?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Deepa-ness! Ay totoo yan! There are really some people na talagang walang kamuang-muang sa technology. Ako naman, ok sa technology but no, lost sa games. Hindi pa ako nanalo kahit saang computer game. Pati si Crash Bandicoot nagcra-crash!

    Buti na lang nabasa ko na ang mga blogs mo... na-extra na naman ang ginawa nating instant hot fudge sundae outing! have a good one! - sir juju

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi deepa :) I've been reading your blog for some time and it's a real fun read. (hope you don't mind the link). Anyway I have a friend from college na ganito. it took us weeks to teach her how to use friendster. getting her to consider doing something vaguely techie brings on a whining barrage, i.e. "di talaga ako techie person...hindi yan useful sa akin eh..."

    ReplyDelete