Sunday, July 9

Recouping

just got back from palawan, and wondering how....
  1. ... i'm going to keep my heart from exploding tomorrow at the boxing gym, after four straight days of absolutely no exercise, too much inihaw, and one too many servings of garlic rice
  2. ... to dress to show off my hard-earned tan while hiding the 48,000 sand-mite bites (in local parlance, niknik) on my arms and legs
  3. ... long the aforementioned mite-bites (mbites?) will take to heal. i have to show off this tan, geddemmit!
  4. ... penniless i'll actually be after i pay my sister back for the my share of the airfare and accommodations. everything was discounted since it was off-peak, but it was so not in my budget (ah hell. what is?)
  5. ... on earth i'm going to wake up and get to the office on time, since my phone died and my charger is in the office -- and i am so exhausted
  6. ... i'm going to feign work at the office but secretly upload all my palawan photos to flickr
  7. ... that kick-ass starfish i smuggled home is going to smell tomorrow
  8. ... soon i'll get to go back. next time, it'll be all about el nido, baby!

4 comments:

  1. hey deeps, whats the budget for a 5-day stay to a down market traveller like me...

    thanks
    pepe

    ReplyDelete
  2. off-peak, airfare from manila on cebu pacific's promo fares should be about 3k. then you can get per-night accommodations ranging from 700 to 1.5k per night on twin sharing. throw in 1.5-3k for assorted side trips (since the great sights/beaches are all outside puerto princesa) plus another 1.5k-3k for food.

    all the figures would change, i guess, if you opt to visit the other (and some say better) parts of palawan, like el nido or coron.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks a million...
    muaaaah!

    pepe

    ReplyDelete