Thursday, May 29

Taking a breather

help, i have shopping fatigue. this to me is very strange, because a) i have actually done very little shopping myself, and b) i never thought i could get sick of shopping!

the culprit seems to be my latest writing assignment and one that i've dedicated this seoul trip to: a shopping guide for an inflight magazine. without the impetus of an article to write (and the payment that naturally follows), i probably would not have spent the past three days trooping to seoul's shopping districts with such diligence. 

i stumbled through myeong-dong on monday, hit itaewon and the most popular 24-hour mall in dongdaemun on tuesday and traipsed around two school zones, hongdae and ewha women's university, yesterday (with a second trip to itaewon). as you can guess, i came home dead tired each evening.

this morning i woke up and found myself close to puking at the thought of doing more shopping. i would have blogged about the stuff i scored and shops i saw, but right now i would rather jump out my window than see more clothes and shops, even if i was ecstatic about them yesterday.

i did a quick check on how much material i have for the article and found that i only have to hit one or two more shopping districts. yay! this leaves me time for blessed rest till about after lunch, after which i plan to check out the up-up-upscale shopping district, apjugeong. this will be window shopping lite -- it's very near my hotel and far beyond my budget. i've reserved insa-dong, the arts and crafts area, for saturday with marlon, my favorite art attack partner. 

more shopping pics, mishaps and musings later. for now, i'm crawling back into bed. 

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts about Korea! :) It's like every morning I wake up in Seoul too!

    ReplyDelete