Saturday, April 21

Spring break

I'll be away for the next couple of weeks on The Big Trip of the year. This trip will be the longest Marlon and I have traveled together. It's even longer than our honeymoon, and I'm planning everything. So while I'm excited, I'm also a little freaked out.

But that's all in the fun of traveling. Being able to go on a long trip was what I wanted when I started getting restless in Singapore. That bout of "metaphysical unease" two years ago eventually brought us here, and now we get to take that long trip. I couldn't be more thankful for that.

Our (rather ambitious) itinerary includes a mix of places I've been before, and new places that we'll discover together for the first time:

  • The 2012 European Capital of Culture, Maribor, Slovenia, for the European Grand Prix for Choral Singing. The Glee Club qualified 11 years ago, and qualified again this year. Go Ateneo! One big fight!
  • Ideally, if I wake up early enough, a day trip to Lake Bled in Slovenia
  • The Mediterranean coastal town of Koper, Slovenia
  • A double date with the Duhamels in Venice
  • One night in Bologna, to stuff our faces with Italy's finest
  • FLORENCE. Four days. Can't wait.
  • San Gimignano, our base for exploring Tuscany and the nearby towns of Siena, Lucca and Volterra
  • Marina di Carrara on the Ligurian coast to visit relatives on Marlon's side
  • Pisa, where we catch our flight back to Amsterdam
I'll be traveling with the laptop, but don't expect to be blogging on the fly. So in the meantime, feel free to explore the archives, wish us luck and pray that we'll still be solvent/married/shaped vaguely like humans by the time this trip is over.

Over and out!

P.S. "Viaje" calligraphy above by yours truly. 

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip Deepa! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. you big trip?! making all other trips you had this year.. small? kayo naaaa!!! ;) sounds like an amazing itinerary, i know it's going to be an awesome time! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will, thanks! I'm actually wondering if I can blog on the fly. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those were just weekends! :P It will be our first time to do this whole European style long trip thing. We may just end up in Belgium by the time week two rolls around haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a great trip! :) i'm sure you'll have awesome experiences and photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like an adventure! Have fun "honeymooners"! :)  Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Sounds like quite a fun expedition! I can't wait to see/read what you get up to.
    Happy travels, you globetrotters, you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. Love the calligraphy, too! You've got so many wonderful strings to your bow, haven't you? ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you put it so nicely! Thank you, Chi :)

    ReplyDelete