Friday, April 20

Curiosity

I found this photo of Rogue that captures one of my favorite expressions of hers. I would say it was crying out to be translated into watercolor, but that wouldn't be completely accurate. 

It was more like it was looking at me, head cocked to one side, with a quizzical look in its big green eyes. "Why don't you paint me?" it seemed to be saying. So I did. 


You know what they say about cats and curiosity. What they don't say is that curiosity can be irresistibly adorable. 

4 comments:

  1. Nice portrait, Deepa.  You probably heard Rogue purring: I want you to paint me wearing this. Only this. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Mel! Matagal ko nang request yan kay Marlon (TMI?) but he has yet to indulge my vanity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your watercolours are just beautiful, Deepa! Have you ever considered selling them in an Etsy shop? I'm quite sure you'd do a roaring trade! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I've been mulling it over for some time. Now I just need to get out of my pajamas and get my act together :P

    ReplyDelete