Monday, June 20

Christening

in honor of the first and only playstation 2/rpg that i have ever completed, i dub my new baby

Lulu

final fantasy x (ffx) has been an integral part of my desperate housewiving here in singapore. i started it on my first visit to marlon over a year ago, and have played intermittently on my succeeding three visits. i actually took only a few hours longer than marlon to finish it, and with his coaching, ended up with characters more powerful than his. also helps that marlon plays it whenever he wakes up early (he's a morning person, i'm not.). by the time i roll out of bed, my characters have found themselves some cool new abilities.

the game has been a total blast to play, and has made me a statistic -- one more fan drooling in anticipation of final fantasy xii.

so why lulu?

  1. >i've always thought she was the most kick-ass female character in ffx (there's a whole cult of yuna fans, but i'm not one of them). i wouldn't have finished the game if not for her doublecast. plus, she's quite hot.
  2. >the colors of her outfit match my laptop.
  3. >i think mages are cooler than warriors (boys welcome to disagree)
  4. >i love alliteration -- i.e., lulu the laptop
  5. >it's kikay (and depending on the stressed syllable, can take on a schoolmarm-in-flowered-duster flavor)
  6. >it's not a mouthful
  7. >it doesn't remind me of anyone i detest -- the only lulu i've ever met was a rather harmless, smiley but spunky nun with a quasi australian-bisaya accent
  8. >the double syllable matches the name of my bonsai, gogo (named after another kick-ass femme in kill bill vol. 1).

>it's a reminder of something that only marlon could have gotten me to like.

>dorky as it sounds, the boyf and i really bond over ffx. we spent most of last weekend curled up in his 300-thread-count comforter sniffing out subquests, finishing the game. i guess it's a mark of how much we enjoy our time together, no matter how we choose to spend it. :-)

    more on lulu here. to all who made suggestions, thank you! i'll reserve them for future toys. hehe.

    3 comments:

    1. ffx is cool. :)

      I'm playing ffx-2.

      And Lulu is my fav character simply because she kicks ass and makes Wakka turn into mush.

      How is playing desperate housewifey there in Singapore? Hope all is good. :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. "...for future toys..."

      ano'ng klaseng toys? wahahahhaa!!!! lurv ya, deeps! ΓΌ

      ReplyDelete
    3. nice name :0)

      also thinking of a name for my new toy... :0)

      ReplyDelete