Thursday, June 9

Meet my sister

now that her spanking new template is up, there's somebody i'd like you to meet -- my one and only sister, sheila.

yup, it's just the two of us girls. she is five years older than me and is the quintessential firstborn -- sensible (most of the time, except i think when it comes to guys), capable, responsible, and an almighty terror when she needs the phone. lest you think she is a stick in the mud, she is also the quintessential koboy party girl.

as you can see from her blog, she is -- as i am -- inflicted with wanderlust, a lover of the beach and of europe. must be some shared childhood thing. we spent an indecent amount of our childhoods at the beach, thanks to a self-employed mother who had steady stream of visiting foreign clients and friends (always a good excuse to hit the beach).

my sister is also half of the reason why my officemates think i own a ton of bags and accessories. (my mom is the other half. nako, 'yon ang marami talagang abubut.)

and yes, that is her eye. it is indeed green. my sister is the family abnormality.

---

yesterday was her birthday (so if you do stop by her blog, greet her! as an extended birthday gift i will share my readership with her). i was out of the country during her birthday last year, so i stopped by her beer-and-videoke gathering at parasol, an open-air patio on the 6th floor of her office building.

it was fun. her staff (yes, boss na siya) is a real riot. spent some time with my sister's best friends tricia and gorgeous gigi, who gave me the big butterfly earrings right off her earlobes. siyempre my sister was screaming from the rooftops (literally) that i sing with a globetrotting choir, so i had to take the mic. pero fun naman. my usual videoke repertoire -- time after time by tuck and patti, strong enough by sheryl crow, secret by madonna. parang hindi ako soprano, ano?


it was my first time to hear my sister sing. rocker pala siya. kumanta ba naman ng sweet child of mine, todo performance level. in some ways, she's like an axl rose version of my mom (who is herself an folksy version of vilma santos. haha do we analyze.) hindi ko kinaya. i felt like such a manang. especially when i started yawning at 11pm.

1 comment:

  1. aww how sweet! I'm so touched by this piece although you should've said female version of axl rose rather than axl rose version of mom...thank god we're the only ones who know what she sounds like.

    may i be able to keep up blogging as like you do.

    ReplyDelete