Monday, June 13

I'm typing this post on my

brand






new






laptop.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


marlon and i had actually already agreed on this anniv gift for me, but i was still so bowled over by it, i actually let him take my picture in this gnarly early morning hairdo.

i think my past year working for a computer magazine prepared me for this moment. i actually got teary-eyed when i saw the little intel centrino sticker and the one that said Intel Pentium M 740 1.73GHz, 15.4-inch WXGA wide LCD, 60GB HDD, DVD-Dual, FireWire, 256MB DDR, 802.11b/g WLAN, Bluetooth and PCI Express.

no joke, my eyes got misty. i turned to him and hugged him, saying, "wow. you really love me."

---

i'm in singapore now living my pseudo desperate housewives existence. (before anyone freaks out, this is not permanent ok? just here until next wednesday.) surfing around a bit before i go to meet marlon for lunch. just surfing--i have absolutely zero software installed on this thing and have to wait till i get back home to pirate-friendly manila.

i plan to take a stack of time and economist magazines down to the pool this afternoon in preparation for my test tomorrow at mediacorp's channel newsasia. i am so excited about that, and am trying to stay normal (i.e. not excited) so i won't botch it up. wish me luck.

---

the past weekend was long and tiring, but very fulfilling.

i said goodbye to the factory. but hopefully not to the friends i made there.

marlon and i celebrated two years together. and hopefully more.

more on those later. meanwhile, i have to figure out a name for my new baby.

=)

3 comments:

  1. naka naman!

    good luck good luck! sending you good vibes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great!

    Good luck to you! Wish you all the best!

    ..and everything will fall into place.

    Ang gandah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! u got a laptop from your bf? lucky lucky girl!

    hope things will continue to work out great for you deepa! :)

    nette
    lifesomewhere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete